Dental Bonding: Quick, Fast, and Remarkable
Dental bonding is a simple and easy procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material is applied to your teeth and hardened with a special light. This material ultimately "bonds" to the tooth to restore or improve the beauty of your smile.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered by any patient who wishes to:
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Repair decayed teeth by filling cavities
- Make teeth look longer
- Fix spaces or gaps between teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Change the shape of teeth
- Protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed due to gum recession
Dental bonding has many benefits including:
- It is among the simplest cosmetic dental procedures
- It is among the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures
- Unlike the placement of porcelain veneers or crowns, dental bonding can usually be accomplished in just one office visit (unless several teeth are involved)
- Dental bonding results in the removal of less tooth enamel
- Because of its simplicity, anesthesia is usually not required
The only disadvantage to dental bonding is that it does not resist stains as well as crowns or veneers. Bonding also is not as long-lasting or strong as other restorative procedures such as crowns, veneers, or fillings.
Because of this, dental bonding may be your best option for small cosmetic changes, for temporary correction of cosmetic defects, or for the correction of teeth in areas of very low bite pressure (for example, your front teeth).
To learn more about dental bonding, please visit our questions about dental bonding page, and contact us today to schedule a consultation.