- Cosmetic Procedures / Treatments
- Common Cosmetic Dental Problems
- Common Dentistry Questions
- Dental Bridge Questions
- Cosmetic Dentistry Questions
- Dental Crown Questions
- Dental Bonding Questions
- Implant Dentistry Questions
- Instant Orthodontics Questions
- Inlays/Onlays Questions
- Questions About Natural-looking /
- Neuromuscular Dentistry Questions
- Porcelain Veneers Questions
- Smile Makeover Questions
- Tooth Whitening Questions
- About Aesthetic Dental Spa
- Our Technology
- Patient Testimonials
- VIP Treatments
- Out of Town Guests
Dental bonding is a simple and easy procedure by which a tooth-colored resin material is applied to your teeth and hardened with a special light. This material ultimately "bonds" to the tooth to restore or improve the beauty of your smile.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered by any patient who wishes to:
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Repair decayed teeth by filling cavities
- Make teeth look longer
- Fix spaces or gaps between teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to traditional amalgam fillings
- Protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede
Dental bonding has many benefits including:
- It is among the simplest cosmetic dental procedures
- It is among the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures
- Unlike the placement of porcelain veneers or crowns, teeth bonding can usually be accomplished in just one office visit unless several teeth are involved
- Dental bonding results in the removal of less tooth enamel
- Because of its simplicity, anesthesia is usually not required
The only disadvantage to dental bonding material is that it does not resist stains as well as crowns. Bonding also is not as long-lasting or strong as other restorative procedures such as crowns, veneers, or fillings.
Because of this, dental bonding may be your best option for small cosmetic changes, for temporary correction of cosmetic defects, or for correction of teeth in areas of very low bite pressure (for example, your front teeth).
"Dr. Naini and her staff are amazing.
They make you feel so comfy and relaxed, I forget I'm at the dentists!"
Owner, Moby Dick restaurant
To learn more about dental bonding, please visit our questions about dental bonding page and contact us today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Naini has been improving the smiles of patients in for Tyson's Corner, Vienna, Reston, Oakton, Herndon, Great Falls, McLean, Greenway, Potomac, Falls Church, Fairfax, Dunn Loring, Arlington, Annandale, Alexandria, and Cabin John, and Washington D.C. for over ten years.
Dr. Alex Naini has many years experience in tooth bonding procedures. She is a graduate of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. Contact Dr. Alex Naini today to schedule your initial consultation.
Cosmetic dentistry –
it truly is something worth smiling about!
Alex M. Naini, DDS
Aesthetic Dental Spa