- Cosmetic Procedures / Treatments
- Common Cosmetic Dental Problems
- Common Dentistry Questions
- Dental Bridge Questions
- Cosmetic Dentistry Questions
- Dental Crown Questions
- Dental Bonding Questions
- Implant Dentistry Questions
- Instant Orthodontics Questions
- Inlays/Onlays Questions
- Questions About Natural-looking /
- Neuromuscular Dentistry Questions
- Porcelain Veneers Questions
- Smile Makeover Questions
- Tooth Whitening Questions
- About Aesthetic Dental Spa
- Our Technology
- Patient Testimonials
- VIP Treatments
- Out of Town Guests
Porcelain Veneers - Questions
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of ceramic that are bonded to the surface of your natural teeth. Veneers are custom made to fit the exact shape of your teeth, or to slightly change their shape, depending on what is wanted. Dr. Naini will ensure that your porcelain veneers blend in perfectly with your natural teeth.
What can porcelain veneers fix?
An easy way to hide minor blemishes, porcelain veneers can conceal:
- Tooth discoloration or dullness
- Small gaps between teeth
- Stained or worn fillings
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Small chips and cracks
How are porcelain veneers attached to my teeth?
For the veneer to attach firmly to your tooth, an etching gel is first used to roughen the tooth's surface. Dental bonding cements the veneer to the tooth, and after a curing light hardens the bonding, the veneer becomes permanently bonded to the tooth.
Does the procedure hurt?
No. In order to make room in your mouth for the veneer, some enamel from your tooth is shaved away. You will be numbed for this part of the procedure and should not expect to feel any pain or discomfort. No anesthetic is needed when the veneers are bonded to your teeth. Afterwards, your teeth may temporarily feel sensitive to extreme heat or cold, but you should not feel any type of pain.
How long will the procedure take?
For the entire sequence, you will usually need to schedule four appointments:
- An initial consultation to discuss your health history, the procedure and your questions
- A visit for Dr. Naini to create a dental mold of the tooth or teeth to receive the veneers
- The actual procedure visit, where Dr. Naini will bond the veneer to your tooth
- A follow-up visit to ensure the veneers feel right and you haven't had any problems with them
To learn more about porcelain veneers, please visit our porcelain veneers page and contact us today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Naini has been improving the smiles of patients in Tysons Corner, Vienna, Reston, Oakton, Herndon, Great Falls, McLean, Greenway, Potomac, Falls Church, Fairfax, Dunn Loring, Arlington, Annandale, Alexandria, Cabin John, and Washington D.C. for over ten years.
Cosmetic dentistry –
it truly is something worth smiling about!
Alex M. Naini, DDS
Aesthetic Dental Spa